Thanks to the advancements in the field of medical technology, there are a number of hair transplant procedures that can help you have a head full of hair again. Some of these procedures are better than others. In this article, you will learn about the most successful and best hair transplant in Pune – FUE hair transplant.
What is an FUE hair transplant procedure?
Follicular Unit Extraction or FUE hair transplant procedures involves taking hair follicles individually out of your skin so that they can be implanted on your head. This way, your hair looks thicker.
This procedure was created to replace the Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) in which the entire piece of scalp or skin was taken along with the follicles to get transplanted on the targeted area’s skin. The FUE procedure has gained a lot of popularity over the years as unlike the FUT, it doesn’t give you a ‘hair plug’ look where your sections of hair or skin don’t match the surrounding areas. Also, it does not leave a big scar as FUT does.
So, if you are someone who is balding or has thinning hair but has enough hair nearby that can be used for a transplant, then an FUE hair transplant is the right choice for you. However, if you don’t have enough thick or healthy air that can be transplanted to the balding or thinning hair, this might not be the right treatment for you.
The cost of the FUE hair transplant will depend on how much hair has to be extracted and transplanted as well as the frequency of the hair transplants you will need.
How does this procedure work?
When you get older, the hair growth cycle shortens to the point where the follicles don’t regrow hair any longer. However, this process isn’t the same for everyone. For some people, balding spots start to occur in their 20s while for others, it starts much later.
But, with the FUE hair transplant, the old follicles are replaced with new ones that can still grow hair. Once the transplant is done, the follicles get their nourishment by blood vessels and start to grow hair in the area with thin hair or bald spots.
Here is what happens during the FUE procedure:
- The surgeon will start the procedure by shaving the hair from the area where the follicles will be removed and the area near the targeted site.
- Then, they will use a micro punch tool for removing follicles from your skin.
- The surgeon will make several tiny incisions where the extracted follicles have to be inserted using a needle or some other sharp tool.
- Once they have inserted the follicles into the previously-made incisions, they will clean the area and bandage it for recovery.
What is recovery like after the FUE transplant procedure?
You might experience some discomfort or swelling for about 3 days after the procedure. But, apart from this, the overall recovery from the procedure is fairly quick. Here are a few aftercare instructions you might have to follow:
- Do not shower or wash your hair for at least 3 days.
- Take a few days off work to speed up healing.
- Use a gentle, unscented shampoo for a couple of weeks.
- Do not brush or comb your hair for at least 3 weeks
- Do not perform any strenuous activity for at least 1 week
- Do not wear any clothing that goes above your head like hats or beanies until your doctor tells you it’s okay.
During the healing process, some hairs might fall out. This is completely normal. You will be able to notice a difference in about 3 to 4 months after the surgery.
Check out besthdmovies to get more info.
The FUE hair transplant is undoubtedly the best hair transplant in Pune right now. However, it does require a certain level of expertise. Make sure that you find the right surgeon for the job and you will have a full head of hair soon.