How to come up with custom plush toys designs for connecting with people
Have you got the burning desire to launch your side hustle or want to turn your business into a brand? You have the passion; all you now need is a product. Custom plush toy is an evergreen product with an increasing demand even with all the tech and gadgets around us. They are perfect companions, giving us free hugs, listening without interrupting, and lasting years without breaking. Stuffed toys are one of the most beautiful tools for brand building; no one can resist their charm. But, trying to come up with an original design is one of the most challenging parts of creating attention-grabbing plush toys.
1. Finding out your niche: People like to purchase from businesses they like. You must have seen people buying a phone from a brand even if they sell at higher prices. Before you go into designing plush toys, think about your target audience. It would help to keep in mind that not everyone is your customer. People connect when they have something in common, like hobbies, events, or specific interests. If you are finding a niche difficult, think about the type of image you want to create or your product/ service.E.g. People can instantly recognize Duracell bunny or Ronald McDonald from a distance.
If you are looking to hit the sweet spot, it would be tricky if your niche is too broad. It would not be easy to connect with enough people if it is too small. You can start by making a list of people’s interests like sports, businesses, family, pets, social issues, culture, etc. You can try incorporating various aspects from the list. E.g., You can create a custom pet plush toy giving a message about social issues and adding some elements of culture.
- Try to find out a stuffed toy popular right now.
- What makes it popular? Is there a specific theme or quote?
You need to create an online community and start a discussion about their interests; engaging with the audience is the surest way to connect.
2. Design inspiration: Creating your custom stuffed toy with a direction and some ideas would be more accessible. Nowadays, anything can become an overnight sensation, only to be forgotten a few days later. It would help not to go with short trends because it can be pretty expensive for you; creating custom plush toys takes time and resources.
Here is a list of things for drawing inspiration: comic books, newspapers, sculptures, advertisements, etc. You can add some accessories to your custom plushies like t-shirts, sunglasses, shoes, bags, etc., to make them more attractive.
Take inspiration from nature:
Nature has a calming, nurturing, and energizing influence on us; it is filled with vivid colors, shapes, plants, animals, and birds. What can be a better reference for your custom plush toys? You can use the elements of various natural things and create eco-friendly or awareness-creating custom toys.
Tip: You can use nature-inspired texts and colors also.
Don’t be afraid to experiment:
One of the beauties of creating custom plush toys is the freedom to experiment. If a toy is not giving you the desired results, modify the design. In the worst case, you will lose time and resources, but you will have a new product lasting for years in the best case.
3. Leveraging online resources: If you have design knowledge, you can create your custom plush toy design, but there are plenty of resources available even if you are not a designer. Manufacturers like EverLighten provide you with help from in-house designers.
A. Browse websites offering free images and fonts:
You don’t have to create a toy design from scratch; plenty of websites provide free images and fonts you can edit to make them your own. Some image sources may need to be paid for commercial purposes.
B. Hiring a designer:
There are plenty of online platforms where you can hire designers for a small fee.
C. Free design help: Some manufacturers are all about helping people, and EverLighten is one such manufacturer. They provide free design help from their in-house expert designers to bring your designs to life. You need to send the artwork or an image of the plush toy you want to create.
- Submit your design file in PNG or JPG.
- Check the image’s DPI (Dots Per Inch) – 150 DPI or more. It is difficult to create a precise design with a small or blurry image.
4. Protecting your design: Now that you are ready with your custom plush toy design, it’s time to protect it using laws. You also want to consider creating a non-disclosure agreement to save the toy from being copied.
5. Finding the proper manufacturer: Finding the right manufacturer for your custom plush toy is crucial. You need to ask how much control and options you need for the best toy. Making stuffed toys takes years of experience and expertise; EverLighten has created custom plushies for over eighteen years. They have helped every sized organization, start-up, sports team, university, celebrity, and individual.
They have served twenty-three countries worldwide.
Best pricing: They are a factory for producing plush toys and not intermediaries, ensuring customers always get the best prices.
Quality in every product: They use top-quality materials and the latest processes to produce stuffed toys.
Real people, outstanding service: EverLighten loves helping; they offer various eco-friendly options also.
Designs to impress: Your custom plushies will look as you imagined with help from in-house designers.
No minimum order requirement: You can order any number of items you need; they accept every order without a minimum limit.
Worldwide shipping: They deliver worldwide, and customers can track their orders online with an order tracking tool.
For more information, queries and designing, visit https://everlighten.com/collections/custom-plush-toys.