SSC GD examination is the recruitment process for filling the vacant constable positions in various defense forces under the Ministry of Home Affairs. This test has gained in popularity recently, with a huge number of applicants appearing for it, making it a very rigorous exam.
The recruitment is held once a year, and millions of people apply to sit for the exam. The SSC GD Constable recruitment process includes:
- One computer-based examination (CBE)
- One physical efficiency test (PET)
- One physical standard test (PST)
- One detailed medical examination (DME)
What motivates students to prepare for and succeed in this exam?
Two of the most prominent reasons behind students opting for the SSC GD exam are:
- Job Satisfaction: – One of the most significant features of any government job, including the SSC GD, is job security. This test has grown in relevance and prominence throughout the year, with one of the most remarkable facts being that it is currently being taken and passed by technical candidates from famous universities nationwide.
- Economic Sustainability: The SSC GD is a highly competitive exam, with many lakhs of people applying each year. Although this exam includes a variety of postings from which applicants can pick, each post pays well and provides financial security.
What is the salary structure for SSC GD posts?
In the Staff Selection Commission’s General Duty Constable notification, the compensation structure for various jobs differs. In the table below, you’ll find the SSC GD salary structure:
|Different Parts of Salary||(in Rs.)|
Where D.A is Dearness Allowance, H.R.A is House Rent Allowance, and T.A is Transportation Allowance.
What are the perks and benefits associated with GD posts?
SSC GD employees are eligible for a multitude of advantages and amenities designed to make their lives simpler and more convenient. The following benefits and perks are available to SSC GD employees:-
- Gratuity benefits: A gratuity is a stipend paid to retiring employees. It is a monetary payment paid by the employer to an employee in consideration for services rendered to the company during his or her tenure. An employee can only receive gratuity rewards after fulfilling 5 years of service with the same company.
- National Pension Scheme: An additional benefit of working in the public sector is that employees are directly registered in the national pension scheme. To stay abreast of their pension, employees receive a card. Under the National Pension Benefit Scheme, a percentage of your earnings is deducted to invest in your NPS account.
- Medical facilities: If you work for the government, you will be covered for all of your medical expenses. As soon as the government’s medical care plans become accessible, you become a member.
- Paid leave benefits: One of the most compelling reasons why individuals choose government jobs over private ones is the availability of paid leave.
What are the various posts for which the SSC GD examination is conducted?
SSC GD is conducted for the following posts under the Ministry of Home Affairs:
- Constable GD in BSF – Border Security Force
- Constable GD in SSB – Sashastra Seema Bal
- Constable GD in the CRPF – Central Reserve Police Force
- CISF (Central Industrial Security Force) Constable GD
- SSR-Secretariat Security Force Constable GD
- Constable GD in the NIA – National Investigation Agency
- Constable GD in ITBP – Indo Tibetan Border Police Force
- AR-Assam Rifles Rifleman GD
How is the promotion structure designed for SSC GD Constables?
For each department, the promotional period is different. Candidates frequently need to take departmental assessments to advance in their careers.
On the other hand, at times, promotions are provided depending on the number of years a candidate has served. Senior Head Constables are promoted from SSC GD Constables and may be needed to take command of a police station.
With each elevation in rank, the SSC GD salary rises. The following are some SSC GD Constable positions that may be promoted further:
- Senior Constable
- Head Constable
- Assistant Sub Inspector
- Sub Inspector
How to prepare for the SSC GD?
BYJU’s Exam Prep offers one of the most comprehensive structures for excelling in the SSC GD exams. The cutting-edge curriculum and impeccable teaching support make it the most sought-after option in the arena of SSC GD preparation.