10 Tips for Maintaining Your Hot Tub Cover for a Longer Life
Having a hot tub is a valuable investment to make for homeowners. If you are one of these proud hot tub owners, then it is essential to consider putting a good hot tub cover on it in order to protect it. However, once after getting a hot tub cover, many people tend to ignore the need to maintain the cover also well. Here in this article, we will discuss 10 top tips to increase your hot tub cover life and ensure optimum benefits out of it.
Ten tips for maintaining hot tub cover
- You should schedule the cleaning of the hot tub cover monthly once or twice. You may use a mild soap or liquid cleaner for the same. Just hose off the cover with water and then dry it with a clean towel.
- Use a good quality conditioner specifically for your hot tub cover material to ensure protection.
- Avoid usage of any abrasive materials to wipe the hot tub cover. Try to use small soft hand towels, sponge, or soft-bristled brushes for cleaning.
- A cover lifter is recommended on the cover in order to put it on and remove it easily. This will also enable easy storage by preventing any damage to the cover.
- You must also fix the hot tub cover using wind straps to hold it on to place during high winds.
- If a cover is put on for long, it is recommended to uncover the hot tub cover at least twice a week and allow it to get dried for an hour or so.
- Remove any tree sap stain using vegetable oil. Also, rub oil on any stains on the cover.
- Remove any mold or mildew on the cover using vinegar solution, rinse, and dry the cover to clean it.
- Make sure that your pets and kids are not getting onto the cower, which may not only cause damage to the cover but also cause unwanted accidents.
- Remove any snow accumulated onto the hot tub cover if it is thicker.
Similar to any other household materials, it is important to do regular cleaning and upkeep of your hot tub covers, too, in order to use them for many years to come. When you buy a hot tub or spa, some of these may come with a built-in cover that may be mostly a cheap material.
Many people do not pay much attention to getting a good quality cover on purchasing a brand-new hot spa. If you notice that the default hot tube cover is getting too heavy due to waterlogging, simply consider replacing it with a good quality cover made of marine-grade vinyl material and resist waterlogging and other risks.
The best place to look for good quality hot tub covers in modern style and made with high-grade materials is online. There are plenty of varieties of hot tub covers available out there at the e-commerce stores. You can easily browse through these options and identify the best ones for you.