Many of you have erased things such as photographs, movies, audios, documents, and other items from your Windows PC with the Shift + Delete command, either accidentally or in a hurry. So, what’s next? It deletes the chosen files from the system’s hard disc permanently. When done purposefully, there is no problem. When you use the Shift + Del keys to delete an essential file by accident, though, it may be disastrous. Don’t be alarmed! You are not alone; many of us have experienced crucial data loss at some point in our lives. You might be wondering if it’s feasible to restore data that have been completely erased in Windows 7. Well, YES, it is. To help you do that, we have covered some of the effective ways ahead in this blog.
What Are The Others Factors That Lead To Data Loss?
NO! There are numerous more situations, which are listed below, that might result in irreversible data loss in Windows 7:
- Infection with malware or a virus
- The Recycle Bin is being emptied
- On the system’s hard disc, there are corrupt files.
- Partition has been removed.
How Do I Recover Files That Have Been Permanently Deleted in Windows 7?
Below we have mentioned some of the common troubleshooting methods by implementing which you would be able to recover permanently deleted files in Windows 7:
Method 1: With The Help Of Previous Version Feature
If the data backup doesn’t work, you may use Windows 7’s Previous Version function, commonly known as shadow copies, to restore irreversibly lost files. The Previous Version is a backup of the files and folders that Windows automatically saves for you. To restore deleted data in Windows 7 from previous versions, follow the steps below:
- Select the computer choice after first clicking on the Windows icon.
- Then, navigate to the spot where your file or folder went missing.
- Select Restore previous versions from the context menu by right-clicking. You can also right-click on a folder or disc and choose Restore earlier versions from the context menu.
- On your screen, a list of accessible prior versions of the files and folders will now appear. However, if you use Windows Backup, it will also show you files that have been saved to a backup.
- After that, double-click on the file or folder you wish to restore’s prior version (with earlier date).
- Now, copy and paste the file or folder you wish to restore to a new location, such as your desktop.
- The selected file or folder would have been successfully restored and saved to the specified place.
Method 2: With A Windows Data Recovery Software
It becomes a challenge to recover damaged or deleted data in crucial instances if you have lost vital files and have not established a data backup. Data recovery tools come in handy in this situation. As a result, it’s critical that you select dependable data recovery software from a reputable provider. Stellar Windows Data Recovery software is one such software that may assist you in recovering permanently lost files and folders from FAT (FAT16, Fat32), NTFS, and exFAT volumes and drives. Recovery is not limited to this; it is feasible even if your data has been formatted, re-formatted, corrupted, or rendered inaccessible. Added to that, this software has a highly easy-to-use interface that makes it easy for the users to access it. Also, provides an efficient way to recover the lost data.
Note: When you destroy, give, or swap your old computer, make sure to delete the unused space on your hard drive as well to preserve your data safe. You may accomplish this with the aid of a programme called BitRaser File Eraser.
- To begin, download, install, and start the Stellar Windows Data Recovery software on your computer or laptop.
- When the programme is running, select the What to Recover option.
- Then, either pick Everything or select the type of data you want to recover. Then, on the next page, click Next.
- Select the location or disc you formatted from the Recover From screen, then click Scan. The scanning procedure will begin.
- Following the completion of the scanning procedure, the results will appear on the screen in three panes: Tree View, File Type, and Deleted List.
- You can switch on the preview after you’ve selected the necessary files. It will assist you in looking at the files that can be recovered.
- After you’ve viewed the files that have been recovered, click Recover.
- Next, pick a location to save the files by clicking Browse.
Note: You must always pick a separate location or storage disc to avoid data overwriting.
- After you’ve chosen a storage place, click Start-Saving, and the files will be saved to the chosen location.
- Finally, you may verify the location and status of your recoverable files.
You might try utilising a reputable antivirus and anti-malware application to keep your machine safe from virus and malware attacks to avoid such data loss situations. Alternatively, you may use your Windows 7 PC to enable the Windows Backup and Previous Versions function. This will undoubtedly assist you in recovering files that you have lost due to the aforementioned reasons, including unintentional file and folder deletion with the Shift + Delete command. However, it’s possible that none of these options will work. In such a case, you should attempt Stellar’s data recovery software. With only a few clicks, you can restore data.